Watch Your Emails
Backers who submitted their surveys will be receiving an email from Midwest GameFest with a link to activate their midwestgamefest.org accounts. Remember, each email address is unique and tied to your backer account. We have sent an email with a unique link to each attendee (spouse, child, etc) as detailed in our backer survey. Make sure and use these links to create accounts for everyone who is coming.
- RPGs and board games available during the day
- Slots run from 10:30am-2pm, 2:30-6pm and 7pm-whenever.
- Check out our Facebook event for details and help decide what games are played!
- Then signup at our Warhorn page and spread the word!
- Note: Guild business meetings are now held online the first Tuesday of each month. Watch for meeting announcements!
Don't forget our monthly online business meeting September 5th at 7pm.
Check out our Facebook event discussion of details.
Try to show up a little early to work out any tech issues. See you there!
Phone users can dial in at 1-323-920-0091 and use PIN 2070521#.
Check out our Calendar to see when the next meeting will be.
If you missed Midwest GameFest's previous update then you may not know that this last week we met our initial funding goal of $4,000! And THEN we also met our first stretch goal of $5,000 to bring special guest Jon Lamkin and the D&D Adventurer's League's "Fai Chen's Fantastical Faire" to Kansas City.
This final week of the Kickstarter we are pleased to announce even more great news, so let's get started!
We're pleased to announce two new guests this week!
- Jon Lamkin, the D&D Adventurer's League's Regional Coordinator for the U.S. Plains Region will be running games, answering questions, and operating Fai Chen's Fantastical Faire. The Faire is the only way to exchange D&D AL certs, and acquire new ones out-of-game. Jon brings with him a special GenCon cert that players will definitely want to get their hands on!
- Freelance author Sterling Hershey (Star Wars, D&D, The Last Parsec) will be on hand to run his games, answer questions, and participate in our Industry Panel. A game with Sterling is always a good time, so don't miss out.
And this week we're also pleased to announce four confirmed exhibitors:
- Duel Grounds: Makers of Cthulhu Deckbuilder, focused around the Lovecraft theme, and coming to Kickstarter in 2016.
- Pocket Odyssey: makers of the first tabletop micro-RPG ever! No pen and paper needed just devilishly charming wit and an adventurous spirit!
- Jeff Porter Illustration: An incredible freelance Illustrator whose work includes some of gaming's brightest stars: Paizo Publishing, Catalyst Games, Fantasy Flight Games, Pelgrane Press, Kyoudai Games, Northwiter Press.
- The Seven Deadlies Game: It's a race to Hell, and you gotta sin to win in this socially geared, card based game! Every sin has a story! What's yours?
New Organized Play Rewards
There's lots of news on this front, including new backer reward tiers for special events!
D&D Adventurer's League
- New backer reward for the Friday night world premiere of DDEX3-11, "The Quest for Sporedome," an adventure for levels 5-10.
- Fai Chen's Fantastical Faire will be in attendance, allowing AL members to exchange certificates and acquire new ones.
- A special GenCon certificate will be available.
- And did you know we'll be running AL each slot? Spread the word!
- New backer reward for NERPS! cards that grant players a +3 dice pool bonus.
- New backer reward for the Friday night premiere of a Mission not seen outside GenCon.
Heroes of Rokugan
- Only one seat left for the special Bonds of Blood Sunday morning event. Get yours while they last!
Play to Win
In addition to the great variety of board games normally provided by the Gamer's Haven Game Library, their involvement with Double Exposure's Envoy program will be providing additional games that players can win just by playing! That's right, each time you play one of the Play to Win games and you'll be entered into a drawing to win the game.
Event Submission Now Open
We are now accepting event submissions at the Midwest GameFest website! Hosts/GMs use the submission form to let us know what you are running, when, and how many seats you'll need. If you are running an event more than once, make sure to only submit it once and simply indicate which slots it will run in.
Hotel Rooms Running Low
Our initial allotment of rooms at the Sheraton has filled up. We were able to secure more, but if you are planning on staying at the Sheraton you need to book your rooms soon. They've informed us that weekend is filling up quickly!
More to Come
Thanks for another incredible week, and stay tuned for more announcements as we ride out the last week of the Kickstarter! Remember, the Kickstarter ends September 9, 2015, so make sure to tell your friends, co-workers, and family about it.
When: September 12, 2015
Where: Tabletop Game & Hobby
We have three gaming slots: 9am, 2pm, 7pm until the last die falls! Eight tables for gaming, plus two more tables for games & demos that run less than 2 hours.
RPGs of all stripes from new to old. Check it out and help make the next GKC RPG Day another one of KC's great game events!
Tabletop Game and Hobby (map)
6990 W 105th St
Overland Park, KS 66212